- $100,000 Seed funding (grant) for Entrepreneur + Mentorship
- The funding will be available to you as needed. If more funding is needed, it will be considered
- A recent graduate (M.S., Ph.D.) in engineering or marketing or any graduate student with a burning desire to own his/her own business
- Applicants may have a colleague, in your field as a partner
- Applicants must be ready and willing to pay the price of being an entrepreneur
- To create a new product or revive a dying business.
- The product must be tangible – something you can touch, feel, smell.
- No software development, no/buying/selling, no consulting/investing, no middleman business, etc.
- Ventures will be provided with a mentor who has a Ph.D. and 40 years of practical business experience
- The mentor has done it all, from washing dishes, owning a manufacturing company, commanding a think-tank of a $20B oil company, creating management information systems, writing books and reviving a number of dying businesses.
- Rolling – apply today! We will review and respond to your submission within two weeks of receipt.
- Submit 6 page written report including resume and plan for your enterprise. Your plan should show the depth and application of your education in the business you have in mind.
- Advisory committee will conduct pre-interview
- Meet with donor and selection committee
- Negotiate term sheet with donor/investor
Leverage funding, mentorship
For questions, contact Brent Sebold, Director-Fulton Schools Startup Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.